Designated Safeguarding Lead/Officer Safeguarding Training
This course is for anyone who is currently a Designated (or Deputy) Safeguarding Children Lead/Officer, or intending to assume that role in the future. This course will enable those attending to have gained an understanding of the role and responsibilities of the DSL; and developed competence and confidence in carrying out this role.
By the end of the event, those attending will have:
- Explored key areas of DSL/O responsibility
- Discussed relevant legislation and policy guidance
- Considered current trends in safeguarding and the implications for their school or organisation
- Explored the impact that values and beliefs can have on safeguarding issues and the implications for their workplaces and staff
- Explored issues of best practice including creating safer workplaces, and understanding what prevents children and adults from talking about abuse or issues of concern; recording and sharing information
- Discussed making appropriate safeguarding decisions, the process once contact is made with social care and the role their school or organisation has in the multiagency child protection process
- Have identified actions for their return to the workplace.
Date: 9 July 2018
Cost £125 + VAT
To book please follow https://bit.ly/2rzBbyJ